Last summer, an Ann Arbor couple surrendered their emaciated poodle to the Huron Valley Humane Society. The poodle was so weak that volunteers reported it could neither walk nor stand. She could barely even sit comfortably.
When asked for an explanation of the dog’s condition the couple allegedly claimed that “Brownie” had swallowed a sock. The humane society then attempted surgery to save the dog’s life, but Brownie did not have the strength to survive the procedure.
A necropsy later showed that she had endured severe starvation for long periods of time. As a result, the animal shelter is now seeking charges for negligence.
Though the couple’s story is likely to be true, they should have sought medical assistance for their dog much sooner. Their delay in seeking medical care directly resulted in the death of their pet. Take action against this irresponsible behaviour by adding your name to the petition.
View original post 11 more words